Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Directories

I remember when I first starting making websites, you would get it all ready and then sped time submitting it to link directories to get people to know that you exist.

Then along came a well known search engine with its algorithm and people just focused on that. I have been guilty of it myself; I'd make a site, link to it so it would get indexed and then forget about it.

I was missing out on a source of traffic, and not just any traffic, good quality visitors who really want to visit a site like mine.

So I now make sure that I submit links to directories like www.submit-link.net as part of my website promotion strategy. It's a valid and often over-looked way of getting your site a place on the web where people can find it. And it is through such simple small bits of effort you could find it pays off in a big way.

Some people spend hours posting comments on the blogs of others to try to build up links as part of a site promotion plan. Taking just some of that time to submit to directories will be well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment